Finding Out
The day we found out about the new baby couldn't have been more exciting. I was having suspicions and decided to check it out while Richard was at work. As soon as I saw the positive test I started laughing and crying simultaneously. Next I set out to plan out how I was going to share the wonderful news with Richard. Here is what I came up with:
I decked the house (mostly the kitchen) with balloons.
I set the table with BABY plates, napkins, spoons, and bottles for our dinner of BABY Back Ribs, BABY Corn, BABY Potatoes, BABY Carrots.
I filled a basket with What to Expect When You're Expecting, Sugar BABIES, and a Hershey bar that I covered to read, He or She? And of course, I included the pregnancy test!
Then I waited. . .and waited. . .
I decided last minute to hide a camera to get his reaction. I had it all ready to go and was missing only one thing, Olivia. She was taking a nap but thankfully was waking up right when I saw Richard pull in to the driveway. I ran and got her, pushed 'play' on the camera and we hid.
Congratulations!! That is such a fun idea of how to tell your spouse! I love it!
ReplyDeleteI love Richard's face!! That's awesome! Congrats!!!!! That will be so fun!
ReplyDeleteha ha, that's a classic capture on tape, love it!
ReplyDeleteWe're so excited for you guys!!
Adorable! Congrats again, my friend! Couldn't be more excited for you!
ReplyDeleteHe was SO excited. How fun to capture that moment. haha. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThank you SO MUCH for sharing that magic moment! You are so creative and delightful. I love you Alice! I love that wonderful family of yours as well! I hope that you are feeling well and excited for your new arrival!
ReplyDelete