Happy Valentines
Our ward had a Valentine party a couple weeks ago and among other things it involved a cake decorating contest. Richard and I designed the top of the cake together and then, after watching a few YouTube how-to videos, I made and decorated the cake. Even though it was a lot more work and stress than I anticipated and I really had no idea what I was doing, in the end I learned a lot, had fun and would attempt another cake again.
| {How Sweet it is 2 Be Loved By You} |
| Red Velvet |
On Valentines Day morning I found two cards for me on the kitchen table. One from Richard with Doris Day singing, "I love you, a bushel and a peck...and a hug around the neck." And one from my girls. They were both so sweet.
I was going to buy Richard a box of chocolates this year but decided against it because the chocolate is seldom very good and they are so expensive. Instead, I picked out a few of his favorite candy bars and made up a sappy little message with them.
Then I tied them together and put them in a box.
I call it chocolates in a box {a.k.a. box of chocolates}.
Later, Richard took all 3 of his Valentines out to dinner at Maddox.
Olivia loved the rolls so much she couldn't even put one down for a picture :)


.jpg)
AWESOME job on the cake! I think it's beautiful and looks delicious! How did you do on the contest?
ReplyDeleteI agree, those box of chocolates are not yummy at all. I gave Billy the huge 1lb bar of Hershey Chocolate.
We LOVE Maddox! Wish we could afford to go more often.