New Bed

Someone's got a NEW BED! I've been wanting to get the toddler bed set up for awhile now. We even toyed around with the idea of getting Olivia in it before the baby came, but I didn't want her feeling like we pushed her out or anything. There was also the worry that she might fall out or not stay in it for naps and bedtime. And the last thing I needed/wanted was less sleep than I was already getting. So we waited. When we finally did set it up, though, she was more than ready and so entirely excited. As soon as she had her first nap in it, there was no looking back at her old crib. And she's been sleeping in it ever since. No falling out and no sleepless nights. She stays in bed. Even after a nap or in the morning she'll stay in bed till I come and get her. How did we get to be so lucky? Seriously!? 






When Olivia wasn't helping Daddy set up the bed, she was reading to and playing with Eloise.



And of course with a new bed, we needed a new room arrangement. Okay maybe not, but Mom had to have a little fun, too.




Now we're set for the girls to share a room. We just need Eloise to be sleeping more consistently through the night first.



It's so fun to watch my little girl grow into a big girl! I guess I could be a little sad, but instead I'm just happy and proud of the amazing little person she's becoming.

Comments

  1. Such a cute room! And such beautiful girls; they're so lucky they get to share a room. (I love that blanket!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Haylie stays in her bed until I come to get her, too. It is SOOOO wonderful. My older two certainly didn't! I can understand your hesitation about moving Eloise into the room before she sleeps well, but I suggest trying it for a night just to see. You might be surprised how well Olivia will sleep through it, if that's what you're concerned about. I've been surprised both times I've done this with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! What a great big sister. Evelyn wakes up around 9 and walks to her bedroom door, knocks, and says "Mommy...DONE!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment