Easter

We celebrated the whole week leading up to Easter with activities for the kids and an FHE lesson and many discussions about Christ's Atonement and the Resurrection. We've tried really hard with Christmas and now this Easter to keep the focus on Christ and I must say it has been wonderful because of it. We still threw a little commercial in for fun but kept pointing it back to Him and it has been one of the most memorable and special Easters I've ever had.

Preschool idea I found: using eggs, match upper and lowercase letters



And another one I made up: matching colors and lining up numbers, sort of like a puzzle. It kept the kids entertained and was fun to make.



 The Friday before Easter we invited my parents Nanny and Poppy to come up and go to the Walk with Christ event being held at one of the stakes in South Ogden. We started in a large classroom and watched some of the scenes from the bible videos while we waited to go on the tour. Then when it was our turn we went with our tour guide from room to room, where we watched a live narrative or video about different events in Christ's life. It started with the nativity and went on to the miracles He performed, the Atonement, when He was judged by Pilot, the Crucifixion and finally the Resurrection. Each room was decorated and the actors were dressed for the time period. Testimonies were born and it was very well done! It brought the spirit and was the perfect way to start this special holiday.


 Grandma and Grandpa came on Saturday and we enjoyed an egg hunt and a fun meal and then Grandma and I went to the General Women's Meeting (Such a wonderful meeting!).



After church on Sunday we took some family pictures. We're loving this warm weather!




This one is a favorite. Poor Ellie has quite the little pout.


Olivia with the help of our tripod took these last few and we're pretty pleased with how she did.



And lastly, this little fella.


I am grateful this Easter season for my family and for my Savior. Because of Jesus Christ my family is and will always be.

Comments