Landscaping Part 2

It's not a big surprise that our landscaping project came to a complete halt after our flood. I was afraid it was no longer going to get done this year. But things slowed down after they took the fans away and we knew it was now or never (or at least not until next spring). It felt good to get things moving again outside since there wasn't much we could do on our basement in it's current condition with insurance paperwork holding everything up.
 
We put down two truck-loads of mulch/compost and then laid flagstone for a little foot path.



It took awhile to get the right configuration, kind of like putting a puzzle together.


It was starting to really take shape.

Richard didn't want a mud puddle every time we used the water hose so he sectioned off a rinsing/filling area with river rock to stand on.





The moment I had been looking forward to since we moved in was finally here. I got to dig in the dirt! We spent the entire Labor Day break shopping for and planting these beauties. And there was more than enough digging in the dirt.





This walkway area turned out exactly like I've envisioned.





We're trying to pace ourselves. We planted a few herbs and things in the rocks and left the rest of the area blank until later.






This is another section that will probably have to wait until next spring.


We love how it turned out! Now that it's mostly done, I can breathe a little easier and we can focus our efforts and mental energy on getting our house back together.

Comments