Primary Program
by Vicki Snow
Our Primary Program was today and it turned out great! The theme this year has been 'I know the scriptures are true'.
Here are some of the highlights:
- We really wanted the children to share their own testimonies of the scriptures. The majority of the children wrote their own talks, with the help of their parents. Today, some even had their talks memorized.
- The songs were beautiful and they knew the words better today than during any of our practices--we definitely had some help!
- One of the songs they learned this year was hymn #27 'Praise to the Man'. We decided to have all the boys, ages 3-11, and their fathers sing it together because in verse three it says, "Great is his glory and endless his priesthood. Ever and ever the keys he will hold..." It was very powerful and touching to see the fathers and sons side by side and know that the church is in very good hands and will continue to move forward with these righteous young men.
- I was completely amazed with the reverence of the children. Even during our practices they sat so quietly and patiently as we went over everything.
- We placed a comment section at the back of the program and invited those listening to write any thoughts/feelings that came to mind as they listened to the meeting. We read these comments to the children during sharing time. It was our goal to help them realize the difference they made today to the members of their ward family and how important it is to share their testimonies. I hope they felt that.
I'm so proud of the children and the strength of their testimonies!
And I'm so glad it's over!
And I'm so glad it's over!

We LOVED it! You guys did such a great job; "Praise to the Man" was my favorite part and I hope too, that the children know just how much a difference they make in our ward.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet and such powerful testimonies!