It's beginning to look a lot like...
Christmas!
There is just something about decorating for Christmas that makes me absolutely giddy! I love setting up the tree while listening to Christmas music and putting on the finishing touches all around the house. This year was extra special because we decided to hang lights outside. I can't tell you how long I've been dreaming of the moment when I could put Christmas lights on my own home and this year Richard made my dream come true. But it wasn't without some difficulty. Our house is old enough that there are no exterior outlets, which becomes a challenge during this sort of project. With a little creativity and a lot of patience, we found a solution...and another...and another...and... We hooked up an extension cord to our back porch light and that was supposedly going to power all the lights. However, we quickly learned that you can't have that many bulbs on one circuit. How did we learn that you ask? All the lights blew once we flipped the switch. We were so disappointed! There was no way we could afford to buy all new lights. Luckily we discovered that only one fuse got damaged and we were able to replace it. We decided to only hook up three strands of lights to one circuit and that was even pushing it. Now, what to do about the other three strands? We tried out several ideas before Richard, the amazing man that he is, came up with a brilliant idea. He hooked up another extension cord in our back laundry room and ran it under the house through the crawl space, and out through an opening at the back of the house and hooked it up to the remaining lights. And...
voilà
Christmas Lights!
And some inside, too!
Not that I'm excited or anything but who wants eggnog?!
Well I'm glad I read this because our house is old too, probably older then yours and we were wondering how to plug in lights since we don't have outdoor outlets either. Now I know what not to do. Enjoy your lights, they are great!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, it's looks MAGICAL in your house now! The lights look great...way to go Richard!!
ReplyDelete