We Need A Little Christmas
We had such a fun weekend with our families.
Friday we set up the Christmas tree at my parents and talked and laughed with some dear relatives. We stayed up way too late and woke up way too early the next morning but it was WAY worth it!
Saturday morning we all got up early, as I've mentioned, and headed out to Walmart to sub for Santa. We haven't all been shopping together since I was in middle school, at least, and it was a lot of fun to wander around picking out pajamas and toys for children in need and to picture their faces on Christmas morning.
Saturday afternoon we had an early birthday lunch for my Sis-in-law Pierco at the Brick Oven.
Happy Birthday, Pierco!
Then we drove to the Hale Center Theatre in Orem and enjoyed one of the best productions of
'A Christmas Carol' I've ever seen! Our uncle Steve was performing and it was amazing! Such great costumes, lighting and special effects. And maybe it's just because I'm pregnant but there was so much feeling in the music that I got a little emotional. I don't know about the rest of my family but I definitely came away with more of the Christmas spirit.
Saturday night on our way home, Richard and I stopped to eat our left over pizza and shared a cookie dough shake from Jakes Over the Top. I love that place! Just the name alone explains the pure pleasure of having so much ice cream that it is actually coming up over the rim of the cup! Delightful! Then we stopped by Richard's brother's house and had a great visit with their family.
All in all it was the perfect weekend! Good food, family and a great start to the Christmas season.


Comments
Post a Comment