We Got The Job!
We've been so busy living it that I haven't had time to write about it. And I still have to pinch myself to believe that this is actually real...Richard got the job! He is a full time seminary teacher!!! It all came about on January 7th. He was offered the position on Monday but told his supervisor that he needed to talk to me first before he gave his final answer. It didn't take us very long to decide what we wanted to do. The next day he went in and quit his job with the school district. A bitter-sweet day, to say the least. The next couple of days were a blur as we (mostly he) got packed up, met with HR in Salt Lake, and tried to get adjusted to the idea that he would be starting the very next Monday!
| An almost empty Speech room :( |
| Olivia helping Dad sort through some papers |
| The new classroom |
This new career has been an incredible answer to our prayers.
For as long as I've known Richard he's wanted to be a Seminary Teacher. But wanting it and making it happen are two very different things. And for awhile that's all we ever did. . . want it, talk about it, and think about it, until finally, he decided to go for it. It wasn't easy for either one us with the night classes and late nights during student teaching. It was a challenging and extremely competitive program but he kept at it. He's worked hard these last few years and now he gets to live his dream!
My favorite part is we don't have to move! Which is extremely rare for new-hires! He is teaching just south of where we live in the next school district over. It's a much longer drive than his old 5 minute commute, but we're talking 25 minutes, so I think he'll live.
I am so proud of him and we're excited to see what opportunities and experiences this will bring!
I am so proud of him and we're excited to see what opportunities and experiences this will bring!
Yay, congrats! We're so happy your "dream" came true!
ReplyDelete