Birthdays

Olivia is going to think we need to sing happy birthday to someone in the family every day. Because that's just what we've been doing the last little bit. During the months of March and April we've had a whole slew of birthdays to celebrate.

One birthday of note was Grandpa's 70th. We went to church together and then gathered for a great meal, birthday cards and cake!




The girls loved spending time with aunts, uncles, and cousins and of course Grandma and Grandpa.



I went down to visit my parents the day before my birthday and they took me to lunch. We went to Kneaders. I had never been before and it was really good.



 


 Then Richard surprised me by taking the next two days off of work. His students were on spring break but he still had to work. He doesn't have a lot of personal days to spare, but he took them off to be with me and it was so fun to have him home.

 He made one of my favorite breakfasts, waffles and sausage.


And surprised me with some fun gifts.


Then he took me out for sushi that night.


This year I especially felt like it was more of a birthday week than just a day. Because even days later when we were with family watching General Conference, my mom set up an amazing ice cream sundae bar with all the toppings!

 
We've had so much fun celebrating birthdays, although I think some exercise is in order to work off all that cake/ice cream. I just hope we aren't too bored now that things have settled down.



Comments

  1. I love it when birthdays last longer than just one day! Sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment