Valentines

I saw on Pinterest how to make red velvet heart-shaped pancakes. It inspired me to do more than cereal for Valentines Day breakfast. But I did not make red velvet and mine were barely recognizable as heart-shaped but they were a fun change. I just put some red food coloring in the batter and then placed the batter in a sandwich bag to have a little more control when shaping the hearts. And I already had some strawberry freezer jam. We just topped them with the jam and some bananas and powdered sugar and they were yummy.




I didn't get any pictures of the rest of the days festivities. We got a babysitter and went to dinner at the Elements in Logan. Our reservation was for 4:30 which was the only time they had left but it actually worked because we usually have dinner at 5 and we were planning to order dessert first anyway. We had their special Valentine Four Course Meal.

Dessert: Richard got the raspberry chocolate cheesecake and I got the frozen German chocolate cake
Starter: fried shrimp, shrimp cocktail, and avocado spring rolls
Chopped Salad
Main: I ordered Filet Mignon and Richard got their new chicken dish (I can't remember the name)

Everything was so delicious and we stuffed ourselves!

I feel so awkward taking pictures of my food at restaurants so I didn't. Each dish was a work of art, though. This photo is from their site and it looked identical.

Filet Mignon--The Elements Restaurant


After dinner we went to see Into the Woods. We loved it! It was one of the best renditions I have ever seen and left us with a much more hopeful and upbeat outlook than the other ones we've seen. And you can't go wrong with the music!

Comments

  1. Spoiled for Valentine's Day! Good for you. We've never tried Elements but did go to Hamilton's before it went out of business. Delicious food and it looks like works of art!! Yummy yummy meal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment