Primary Fun


In case I haven't mentioned it before, I'm the Primary President in my ward. It keeps me extremely busy but it is also very rewarding. Here are some things we've been up to lately. 

Sharing Time lesson: Word of Wisdom
A few weeks ago I taught the children about the blessings that come from obeying the Word of Wisdom. I found a game/maze in the Friend magazine and adapted it to fit my lesson and put it on poster board. The object of the game was to help the boy and girl make it safely to the temple. One child at a time came up and read a scripture from D&C 89 and decided which path they should follow.
I also placed gifts along the path to represent blessings we are given (health, strength, knowledge, etc.) for obeying this commandment with corresponding scriptures. 

 

 

Eventually the boy and girl made it to their desired destination and I was able to bear my testimony about the importance of following the Word of Wisdom.



Summer S.W.I.M. Activity
Summer water parties are the best, especially when you have a bunch of kids involved and a really fun theme. My counselor found this idea of SWIM (Seek Wisdom In Me) and it fit perfectly with our Primary theme for the year, I Know the Scriptures Are True. Each Presidency member taught about a different scripture story/hero and then explained the activity.

We all had a blast!


I just got done making this poster for our ward bulletin board.



Ten Virgin Relay Race
Moses and the Red Sea
Noah's Rainy Days
 For our last activity we had a full-fledged Nephite/Lamanite war...[cough] I mean water fight!
Nephite/Lamanite Water Fight
At the very end my husband talked about the Sword of Laban and 
it's significance in the scriptures and then we cooled off with some Otter Pops.
Sword of Laban





Comments

  1. I didn't know you were the Primary President! When did they take you out of Young Women's? I bet you are the best president those kids have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a FANTASTIC job as the Primary President, wish Nathan were old enough to appreciate that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are totally rockin' it as the president. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Sorry that we missed this party. C still had his cast on and we couldn't come. :( I agree with Sabrina though, you are doing an amazing job!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment