2 Weeks

I've always heard moms say that children grow up too fast and that you need to enjoy them at every stage. I just didn't think that would be the case after only two weeks. But it's true! Olivia has changed and grown up so much in such a short time. She had her 2 week check up with the pediatrician this week and we were relieved to find out that despite some concerns with her feedings, she is growing right on target. We were worried that she wasn't getting enough to eat because she was so sleepy when I fed her. Feedings would take up to an hour at a time because I kept having to wake her up and even then she would only eat for 10-20 minutes. She also wasn't waking up in the first place so I was having to set an alarm to wake her up for feedings. It was really starting to wear me out. The pediatrician suggested that we start pushing her a little. He said she's old enough now that she should be crying when she's hungry. So this week we started letting her "ask" for her food. It worked! She still isn't much of a crier but she'll fuss enough that it wakes me up or gets my attention during the day so I can feed her. The only problem is that because I was so worried, I fed her as often as she would eat and so I unintentionally wired her brain to want to eat at least twice during an hour. She still wants to do that, only now she is a lot more vocal about it. I'm slowly working on rewiring her brain and getting her on a more manageable schedule. Being a mom is definitely not for the faint of heart. But I love it!

Olivia has changed in other ways, too. She is able to focus a lot more on faces now and is much more alert. These past two weeks have been such a joy. We love our little Olivia and can't imagine life without her now!


Comments

  1. You're right, they grow SO FAST! And she cannot be any more beautiful an adorable!

    I'm glad that feedings are going a little better; just as you get used to one thing though she'll change it up on you! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it's going better. She is so cute. Good luck!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment