A Happy New Year!
I've been feeling lately that this little lady isn't going to wait for her due date. Call it woman's intuition or just the fact that up until last night the nursery still wasn't finished. Either way we've been scrambling to get everything ready for her arrival. I spent the day washing baby clothes, blankets, etc. and Richard finished up the last of the painting. We were pretty exhausted by the end of the day but still wanted to celebrate the New Year. We had a great time making homemade pizza together. We worked while it cooked and then popped open a bottle of sparkling cider and enjoyed a wonderful dinner together!
After dinner we got back to work putting all the baby things in place. Or I should say I sat in the glider and directed Richard where to put things because my energy was pretty well zapped by that point.
Richard has spent the last month building shelves in the closet. But even before that there was the demolition, painting the walls, installing new baseboard, lighting, blinds, etc. He's been one busy boy! But it sure has paid off.
Here is a look at our nursery and the progress it's made over the last few months:
| I love the shelves! They turned out exactly how I wanted! |
| Who knew someone so little would need so many things! |
2011 was a wonderful year. We had many ups and downs, good times and not so good, but we have grown so much along the way. We're looking forward to this new year, with it's new adventures and even more opportunities to grow. We especially look forward to getting to know this little one and all the joy she will bring to our family.
You guys are amazing! The nursery is BEAUTIFUL and from the looks of it...very well stocked for little Baby Lemon.
ReplyDeleteI'm so so excited for you guys! And I can't help but hope that she comes early too, much better than going over-due!
Great job on the shelves--you're hired! Come over some time. ha ha
It looks great! I love the colors. Maybe that's because I did something similar for Evelyn.
ReplyDeleteWow! It looks so great! Can't wait for her to get here!
ReplyDeleteI love the nursery! I love how the shelves turned out too! Tell Richard he did a good job!
ReplyDelete