2 Months
The latest on Olivia...
- I call her my little piranha...at least when she eats. I'll sit her up to burp and when I'm bringing her back down to nurse again she comes at me, sometimes with both fists, ready to go again. It's a little frightening! I'm not looking forward to the day her teeth come in. Eeek!
- She is starting to hold her head up, but is still pretty wobbly.
- The sound effects just keep getting better:
- Without getting terribly graphic, she is usually pretty noisy when filling her diaper. And a cute smile often accompanies that noise. Her new trick is to giggle during and after.
- She sounds like an old man when she clears her throat.
- Burping is her specialty--it makes a mother proud!
- When trying to wake up and/or go to sleep she sounds like the following:
- Beeker from The Muppets
- R2-D2
- A peacock
- The Wicked Witch of the West (I'LL get you my pretty...)
- Squealing Tylers! Ahem...I mean Tires (inside joke)
- A car engine trying to start
- I can't even count the number of growth spurts she's had this month! One morning I went to change her newborn size diaper and it was falling off because it was too small and there was just no way the newborn onesie was going to fit over her head even if it would still fit her body. I'll admit, I almost cried. The evidence was clear that she was growing up...and out. Lately she is too big for newborn clothes and too small for 0-3 month clothes so she's had a total of 3 outfits that fit without drowning her.
- We have her 2 month checkup tomorrow along with her first set of shots--not looking forward to that at all! But I'm going to be brave and be there with her. Here's hoping we both survive!

She is soo beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys. Good luck with the shots. That is not fun at all. I always spent time talking to my little ones and telling them what was going to happen and how it will only hurt for a little while and I would be there to hold and hug them and help them feel better. I don't know if that ever really helped them, but I like to think that it did :)
ReplyDeleteShe is lovely! Can't believe she is already 2 months!
ReplyDeleteSo precious!!! We're excited to meet her!
ReplyDeleteOh so cute!
ReplyDeleteAlice, she is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteIt is sad when you have to pack away all the newborn clothes because they have grown up so much(I packed away some 6-9 month clothes today- I will miss them.) She is cute! I like that she makes squealing Tyler's noises. ha ha
ReplyDeleteha ha, what fun sounds to have in your house now! she is such a cutie and 'oh no!' growing up too fast! Glad we'll see you again soon so we can share loves.
ReplyDelete(you're looking gorgeous by the way)
She is so precious! I hope the shots went well!
ReplyDelete