Dash for Donation

Richard and I ran the Dash for Donation 5K on Saturday at Weber State University in honor of my brother who is an organ donor. This was my very first 5K and I loved it! I hope to do many more in the future.


We started and finished at the Bell Tower

It was hard to keep up with Olivia, especially on the downhill stretch. She was ahead the whole race and crossed the finish line before we did :)
I was amazed with all the family members and friends who came to honor/support the many donors and recipients out there. When the race was over, several people shared experiences of how organ donation has blessed their lives in one way or another and it was very touching. Such a simple act of love from a donor saves countless lives of recipients but reaches even further that, touching the lives of those who know and love them. I'm grateful to my sister-in-law who organized 'Team Solo' and set everything up and to my brother for helping us be part of such a great cause! We love you, Marc!!

Comments