17 Months
The little lady just keeps growing! And boy is she smart! And funny...and adorable...and...
- Grandpa got a new smart phone and he and Richard were checking it out. Richard said, "Wait. Olivia come here." He handed her the phone. She took it, pushed the button and slid the bar over to unlock it. Grandpa was speechless!
- We keep several doors at our house shut where we haven't baby-proofed entirely. Olivia got a hold of some keys and took them right over to the office and tried to use them on the door knob. She has had little to no experience with keys and I have no idea where she figured it out. So observant!
- She used a drinking fountain for the first time a few weeks ago. Again, she has never had any exposure to one. But after I showed her once how to use it, she used it right away and would have stayed there drinking from it all day if I had let her!
- One more...her only experience with bubbles was at a friends house several weeks ago. And she wasn't too crazy about it. I decided it would be good to buy some for her to try out at home. She saw the bucket and the little wands and immediately began blowing on them. She had remembered what to do.
- She loves to give us hugs and now when she does she rubs or pats our backs and it is so sweet! She has also begun giving her stuffed animals and dolls hugs.
- She's getting to be quite a pro at riding her little bike (it doesn't have any pedals--she just walks and steers the bike or sometimes doesn't steer the bike:).
- She has her 7th tooth, a molar, in fact (top right)! I have no idea when it came in. Somehow I got a look in her mouth and there it was (she doesn't usually let me in)! I'm pretty sure she had it last month but I just hadn't discovered it yet. Her 8th tooth (bottom right), also a molar, is coming in, too.
- Olivia discovered the toilet paper roll--I don't think I need to explain any further on that one.
- She is getting to be a mischievous little thing. Someone left the seat up in our master bathroom and I heard splashing. That's happened before, no biggie. I just retrieved her hands from the toilet and washed them off. It wasn't a minute later when she went back in the bathroom. I had closed the lid and was just in our room and wasn't too worried. Then I glanced up from what I was working on and she was speed walking out of the room as fast as she could go, carrying the toilet brush and trying not to make eye contact with me!! Little goober!
- She had her first ice cream cone this month at Grandma and Grandpa's. It was a special moment for me!
- She also had her first taste of lemon! I can't do it justice so I'll just let the pics below tell how that went.

HA HA, what a little stinker keeping Mommy busy. Love her!
ReplyDelete