Picture Collage

It's kind of embarrassing to admit but we just barely got family pictures hung on the wall. We took the pictures last October and it's taken us this long to print them out, find frames and decide on an arrangement. What's worse is that these pictures weren't replacing old family pictures. These are our first official, professional, whatever you want to call it, family pictures. Other than wedding photos, I suppose, but I'm not going to get in to how long it took to get wedding pictures displayed in our home. But we did it! I'm so happy, and a little shocked that it's actually done!

I found a great idea on pinterest of how to easily hang a collage of pictures. 

I flipped all the pictures over, keeping them in the same position I wanted them in.
Then I taped together 4 pieces of wax paper (You would use as much as you need to cover your entire collage)

I placed the transparent paper over the collage and carefully marked where each of the nail holes would go. We decided to also outline each frame, which helped a lot later on.


We did a little marking on the wall just so we would have things centered.


Then we taped the wax paper to the wall and made little adjustments here and there to make sure it was in the right place.

We put a nail in each mark and then removed the paper.


And the pictures went up as easy as that!


Sadly the pictures are already outdated. And come November they're going to be really outdated with the new baby and all! But what do you do? For now we will enjoy them!

Comments

  1. I love it, it's so cute!I'm going to have to steal your ideas. We only have one family picture of when Emile was only 6 months old. So don't feel bad about being behind on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It look gorgeous! And that's such a clever way of getting them hung just right. At least you have the frames up....now just replacing the photos will be super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, did I miss the baby announcement? Or was this it?!? How exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great. I don't think I would have the patience to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That comment was made by me. I forget to log out of my husband's account all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's brilliant!!!!! I love it!
    And you don't have to worry...we haven't hung any pictures on our wall yet either...and we've lived here 3 1/2 years. But it's been about that long since we had any taken. Yikes.
    You're doing great! And your pictures are awesome! I love the collage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment