Lemons!

My sister-in-law lives in California and grows lemons right in her backyard! She was a gem and sent some home with Mom and Dad when they were visiting a few weeks ago. They brought us a whole bag of these giant, juicy lemons. And we've made good use of them!

My kitchen smelled heavenly for days after I cut these puppies open.


First I made some Crusted Lemon Cream Bars

I didn't take any pics, mainly because I kind of botched part of the recipe and mine didn't turn out nearly so pretty as the picture below. But they still tasted good and are one of the best lemon bars I've ever had.

Crusted Lemon Cream Bars recipe found here

Next, I made Lemon Blueberry Pie

This was so tart and tasty!
 

Lastly I made a Lemon Chiffon Cake

I could probably count on one hand the number of cakes I've made that didn't come out of a box. I was a little afraid that it was going to taste like angel food cake (I'm not a big fan--it tastes too much like styrofoam) but it was so delicious and moist!


And possibly the best use of these lemons yet:

Comments

  1. I love the little lemon face on the little Lemon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment