A TMNT Halloween

 This year for Halloween we dressed up like the Ninja Turtles and April O'Neil.

We weren't sure we could find all the costumes but during one trip to D.I. Richard found something that would work for him and I found the perfect mustard yellow pants and a shirt to match and that kind of sealed the deal. The rest was pretty simple. I found the camcorder and some of the kids clothes on another D.I. outing. And the props (weapons and microphone) we made the night before. 


I made the microphone out of a flashlight, card stock, electrical tape, and aluminum foil. Richard made all the weapons with PVC pipe, electrical tape, duct tape and some baby links (fitting for little Alvin/Michelangelo).


We were invited to a party with some friends so in the midst of nap time and scrambling to get costumes put together I also made this scarecrow veggie tray. It turned out really fun!


Heroes in a half shell. Turtle Power!


Couldn't you just eat him up!?


Funny story: The friends who invited us over for a pre-trick-or-treating party also dressed up like Ninja Turtles--yep the whole family. So there were a lot of turtles roaming the neighborhood that night!









The weather was perfect and only got chilly after the sun went down. We had a great time!

Comments