5 Year Anniversary!

We celebrated our 5 year anniversary during a weekend getaway at the same cabin we stayed in on our honeymoon.
Welcome to Huntsville
The Cabin

I brought along some items that represented 5 of our most memorable dates.

  1.  A Frisbee: Richard and I first met at FHE during a mean game of Ultimate Frisbee. We also played some Frisbee on our very first date.
  2. Red Vines: We went on this super long walk one time around Brigham City and talked and ate Red Vines the whole way. Not much to it, but it's one of my favorite dates.
  3. Cucumbers: We made cucumber boats and raced them down a stream at Merlin Olsen Park. Gotta love my boy scout!
  4. Tootsie rolls: When we were first married, we were standing in the candy isle at Lee's trying to figure out which kind we were going to get. I asked Richard what kind he wanted and he said, "Twix." I thought he said Toosies, as in Tootsie Rolls (which I thought was kind of weird to say it like that). I quickly responded, "Tootsies are good." And he just stopped and stared at me with a confused expression. He was thinking, why did you even ask, if you wanted Tootsie Rolls? And why did you say it like that? Once we realized the mistake, we had a good laugh and have joked about it ever since.
  5. Pictures: Richard had taken pictures all over Brigham and then took me on a crazy scavenger hunt to find all the places on our camera. I did the same to him only this time it was in Huntsville--pretty good name for a hunt, don't ya think? :)

Picture Scavenger Huntsville
If that wasn't enough, we also...
 ...ate great food, soaked in the hot tub, found a neat old barn during our scavenger hunt, had bacon-wrapped Filet Mignon for the first time, went for a walk, had a windy picnic, shopped, played a little Frisbee, watched some movies...and infomercials, and even took a nap! 


It was fun to remember some of the highlights of our time together so far and make some new memories. It also got us excited for all the fun we're going to have in the future!

Come Back Soon

    Comments

    1. Fun Fun Fun! You two are so dang cute; Happy Anniversary! It sounded absolutely perfect!

      ReplyDelete
    2. How fun! I love the date/gift idea! Congratulations on making it 5 whole years. :)

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment