Mother's Day

This was my first Mother's Day and the first one in years that hasn't been really difficult and painful. Richard made sure to make it extra special for me!







He made me lunch and dinner  
and did the dishes!







 He surprised me with a card from him at breakfast...
and another card from Olivia when we were leaving for church.


 






He watched Olivia all through 
Sacrament Meeting so I could give my talk. 










And I really wanted some nice mother-daughter pictures so he was our photographer.


Thank you, Richard...I couldn't have asked for a better day! The best part is knowing that you treat me this way everyday and not just on special occasions. 

I want to thank my mom for all she has done and continues to do to make me into the woman I am today and for always reminding me about my divine nature. I also want to thank all my other mothers who have helped shape my life. I am grateful for the wonderful privilege I have of being Olivia's mom. She was well worth the wait!

 My heart goes out to others who struggle on this day, for whatever reason. For those that need a reminder of their own divine nature, (And who doesn't need a reminder?), I'd like to share this beautiful quote from Sheri Dew.

"While we tend to equate motherhood solely with maternity, in the Lord’s language, the word mother has layers of meaning. Of all the words they could have chosen to define her role and her essence, both God the Father and Adam called Eve “the mother of all living” and they did so before she ever bore a child. Like Eve, our motherhood began before we were born. Just as worthy men were foreordained to hold the priesthood in mortality, righteous women were endowed premortally with the privilege of motherhood. Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly that. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us."
 -Sheri Dew
Read the whole talk, Are We Not All Mothers? It's amazing!!

 Lets remember that, no matter what our circumstances may be, we are all mothers. We were mothers before we came here, we can be mothers now, and we will be mothers forever!

Comments

  1. Beautifully put, Al! And the pictures of you and Olivia are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those pictures that Richard took, seriously a great way to celebrate the day.

    Glad your talk went well! You're beautiful, Olivia is adorable, and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment