Memorial Day
We made some great memories this Memorial Day weekend with family and friends in Huntsville. Unfortunately I forgot our camera and didn't get any pictures (I'll have to beg some off my sister and upload them later). It was fun meeting and getting to know some of the newest members of the gang and overall just relaxing and having a good time together.
On Memorial Day we went to visit Daniel's grave in Hyrum
![]() |
| Daniel is Richard's older brother |
We enjoyed lunch with the Johnson/Cockerham clan at our favorite restaurant, Mandarin Garden
![]() |
| Olivia with Nanny and Poppy |
| Uncle 'Gucky', Grandpa Beez and Olivia (who was suffering from a little separation anxiety and nap deprivation) |
We went to Cornish to visit my older brother, Marc's grave where his headstone was recently put in place. Pierco has been working on the design for months and wanted to get it just right. And she did! It is perfect and such a beautiful tribute to Marcus.
![]() |
| Front: Golden eagle (Aquila Solo) flying above the Wellsville mountains (his favorite) |
![]() |
| Back: Musical line, "Families can be together forever, through heavenly Father's plan" Logan Temple where Marcus and Pierco were married
'I love you' in American Sign Language
Legos
|
![]() |
| Top: |
The symbols of the many honor societies Marcus was a member of are represented on the sides of the headstone.
Right side: (Forgot to get a picture)
ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
TAU
BETA PI - the oldest engineering honor society in the United States
| Left side: ARRL - American Radio Relay League - Marcus was a ham radio operator.
ASHRAE - American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers
|
We blew bubbles and visited together and I have a good feeling Marc was right there with us.
Memorial Day has taken on a whole new meaning for me now. It's always
been about remembering and recognizing those who have died serving our
country and family members who have passed away, but I've never lost
anyone quite so close to me before. I can hardly go anywhere or do
anything without remembering my brother and missing him, but now I have a peaceful place I can go and a special day reserved just to remember him. Thank you, Marcus for continuing to teach your little sister about life and even more about the next...I love you, still!








It is a special day for all those we've lost; I'm glad you had such a beautiful day to remember him. The headstone did turn out just perfect. I absolutely love the saying on top.
ReplyDeleteHappy Memorial Day!
P.S. We drove to Hyrum too!