Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Oh! You better watch out,
You better not cry,
You better not pout,
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town!

Did this song ever creep anyone else out? Especially the line, "he sees you when you're sleeping..."

A few days ago we went to the little Christmas Village they have here in the center of town. We were pleasantly surprised to find out Santa was there and we could get a free picture taken with him and Mrs. Claus. I had been wanting to take Olivia to see him so we got in line.

 As we waited, Richard and I guessed how Olivia would respond to her first experience meeting Santa...she would cry, want nothing to do with him, and that sort of thing. Considering we were only coming up with negative reactions, we should have turned right back around. But we decided to go ahead and try it out. Well, as it turns out, she finds him just as creepy as I do that song. Poor little thing! Maybe we'll have more luck next year, but I'm not sure I want to put her through this year after year.
 The rest of the outing was fun. She didn't seem to mind bearded old men, as long as they were behind glass.
 

  She looks so big standing there all by herself!
 

Comments