Skirt Hem
I found this really cute denim skirt at D.I. a year or so ago and it has always been just a little too long. Being that I haven't sewn since high school, I wasn't exactly ready to just delve into a sewing project, even if it did just need a hem. My Mom in-law offered to let me borrow one of her sewing machines while they've been gone on their mission, so I finally got up enough courage to take her up on it. It was kind of exciting being all domestic and after I finished the skirt and another sewing project I was working on for Christmas, I started looking all around the house for anything that needed repair that I could fix. I'm still no Martha Stewart, but I can do the basics. And unlike when I was in high school, I don't dread sewing anymore and I even kind of enjoy it. Okay, that may be pushing it. Anyway, here's the skirt.

Comments
Post a Comment