Memorial Day
You've probably seen them, too. The signs with a picture of a veteran or head stone that say "Memorial Day. In case you thought it was national BBQ day." I agree that we need to honor and remember those who have lost their lives, but I also think it's important to have those BBQs or get-togethers with those still living. I mean, what better way is there to remember our loved ones than by getting together with family?
And that's just what we did.
Giving Nanny some sugar
After playing on Jungle Gym Aunt Kate, we went to the park near our house.
I'm sure she was glad for the break...uh...even if it didn't last too long.
Olivia has turned into a little dare-devil lately when we go to the park, climbing up and down the big ladders and swinging on bars.
And she must have had a growth spurt, too, because she couldn't do this before.
Flying Kites with Aunt Pierco
After everyone left, I was still in play/holiday mode and didn't want to make dinner so we went to Burger King.
Olivia is still young and doesn't know any better--she actually shared her ice cream with me!
And these two are quite the pair.
Happy Memorial Day!









Oh, I LOVE your new family picture on top!! Such beautiful colors.
ReplyDeleteLOL that picture of Richard and Eloise. And I agree whole-heartedly with you about the Memorial Day quote. If my military-serving cousins were with us...they'd celebrate with a BBQ too! Because it's about remembering those who serve and celebrating the freedom/safety/peace their service makes for our lives.
Looks like you had so much fun!