Getting Ready

I was so busy getting ready for the baby that I didn't post much about the process. Other than the fact that we moved, it was pretty easy preparing this go around.

I was able to get some clothes from friends and family but still didn't have a lot or enough. After doing an inventory and making a list I made an incredible one stop shopping trip to Kid2Kid and got everything I needed clothing-wise (0-12M sizes).

I took my little shopping buddy Eloise while Olivia ran errands with Dad.


On a different shopping trip to IKEA (this time looking for twin beds for the girls) I ran into my friend Joy. She was due just a week or so ahead of me. We look like twinners! 


My sister-in-law gave me material to make a Moby wrap. I already have a hot pink one but thought I better look into getting a more gender neutral one. I used it as a pattern, though. I had some left over scraps so I made each of the girls one for their dolls. They were so ready to meet Little Brother (as they so affectionately called and still call him) and loved practicing their roles as big sisters/mommies.


We're still  not done with the window seats in the kids rooms but Richard (and Olivia) sure made a lot of progress on them and other projects during the summer.


BEFORE


AFTER


We painted a soft blue/gray in both kids rooms and love how it turned out. There is still a lot to do but it works for now.

Here is part of my score during that one-stop-shop.


I found the shelves at Target, all the cute decor at Hobby Lobby, and the rest are toys my Poppy made and others I grew up with.

 


Olivia helped with the decor with her own drawings of our family.


This one needs to be framed!



And here are my little angels waiting outside the door so I could snap some pictures.


Comments