Moving
I'm only about 3 months behind but hey, we've been just a little busy. We moved at the beginning of the summer! It all happened so fast. We made an offer on a really great house back in April, got our home ready and on the market a week after that, had several showings and a week and a half later had two offers on our house. We accepted the highest offer and before long we sold our house.
Since last fall we both have felt that we need to live wherever Richard teaches. We felt strongly enough about it that we put in for a transfer so Richard could teach at the high school nearby and we could stay here. We didn't want to leave friends and family and familiarity. But that decision soon felt wrong and we took the request off the table and just stayed put. At the beginning of the year we found out we were going to have a little addition joining our family and decided that it was time to start looking for a house. We kept being drawn to one city in particular. We took a leap of faith, put in an offer on a house and not even a week later we found out that Richard was being transferred to that same area to teach! Prayers are answered!
We are so grateful and know we have been mindfully lead by our Heavenly Father throughout this whole process. Everything fell into place beautifully. We feel extremely blessed and excited for this next adventure!
I will add that our only hiccup during the move-in process was that both of our cameras were stolen. A little Samsung Cybershot and our nice Nikon DSLR. We can only assume that it was a cleaning crew that was in our new home working while we left to move another load of our stuff. We felt utterly sick and furious at the time and it still makes me angry when I think about it. So I try not to. In any case we didn't get any pictures of the move, other than what our parents took and it was awhile before we could get a new camera. It's going to be a long while before we can ever afford a DSLR again. This, along with the fact that we've been unpacking and enjoying our crazy summer, I've been away from the blogging world for way too long. I'm back but it will probably be short-lived because our little bundle is joining us any day now.
Here are a few pictures I did get and some my parents took of us on moving day.
Since last fall we both have felt that we need to live wherever Richard teaches. We felt strongly enough about it that we put in for a transfer so Richard could teach at the high school nearby and we could stay here. We didn't want to leave friends and family and familiarity. But that decision soon felt wrong and we took the request off the table and just stayed put. At the beginning of the year we found out we were going to have a little addition joining our family and decided that it was time to start looking for a house. We kept being drawn to one city in particular. We took a leap of faith, put in an offer on a house and not even a week later we found out that Richard was being transferred to that same area to teach! Prayers are answered!
We are so grateful and know we have been mindfully lead by our Heavenly Father throughout this whole process. Everything fell into place beautifully. We feel extremely blessed and excited for this next adventure!
I will add that our only hiccup during the move-in process was that both of our cameras were stolen. A little Samsung Cybershot and our nice Nikon DSLR. We can only assume that it was a cleaning crew that was in our new home working while we left to move another load of our stuff. We felt utterly sick and furious at the time and it still makes me angry when I think about it. So I try not to. In any case we didn't get any pictures of the move, other than what our parents took and it was awhile before we could get a new camera. It's going to be a long while before we can ever afford a DSLR again. This, along with the fact that we've been unpacking and enjoying our crazy summer, I've been away from the blogging world for way too long. I'm back but it will probably be short-lived because our little bundle is joining us any day now.
Here are a few pictures I did get and some my parents took of us on moving day.
Out of the Old
Into the New
Comments
Post a Comment