Humpty Dumpty
We've nicknamed our dear decrepit old water heater, Humpty Dumpty because he is precariously set on a step stool. I only fear that he will live up to his name. I've been having nightmares about it tottering around on the pedestal during an earthquake and then coming to a crashing end and flooding everywhere. Needless to say, it needs to be replaced and then we need to find it a new home sooner than later. It's located in an insulated room behind the garage along with our washer and dryer and food storage. We don't have a basement, which is the most common place for a laundry room so this is what we have to work with. We've decided to move the water heater to the other side of the wall so it's inside the garage and Richard and his Dad are going to build a closet for it. It is really going to free up some space and Humpty Dumpty will finally be set on the firm, safe, cement where he belongs! At first I thought the water heater would take up too much room out there but they designed the closet to be on an angle and it's not going to be a problem at all. They rented a drill that can go through cement and are busily drilling away. It's fun to watch men with power tools--they look very serious on the outside but on the inside you know they are grinning and grunting like little boys!
I'm so excited! It sometimes feels as though these house projects will never come to an end but I'm just glad to be in the middle of some of them rather than still in the planning stages. We're actually getting somewhere!
| Humpty Dumpty standing in the corner, washer and dryer, electrical panel (very inaccessible) |
I'm so excited! It sometimes feels as though these house projects will never come to an end but I'm just glad to be in the middle of some of them rather than still in the planning stages. We're actually getting somewhere!
Hi guys! It's great to see the work in progress.
ReplyDelete