The Ferry
Day 6: Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay Ferry
One of the highlights of the trip was attending church in Surrey and meeting the remarkable members of the Surrey 1st ward where Richard served for six months. They were very friendly and very diverse! It wasn't a large ward but there were people from Germany, Africa, Philippines, Fiji, New Zealand, Taiwan, Mexico, India and probably many other countries! We were definitely the minority and it was difficult to concentrate in the meetings because I just wanted to look around!
While in Surrey Richard and his companion stayed with some members in their basement. That same couple still lived in the ward and we were able to visit with them in their home after church and they were all able to reminisce. It was a lot of fun to see where Richard lived and especially to meet all the wonderful people he served.
Soon after that we got on the ferry to Victoria!
It was around this point when we were looking at the beautiful scenery and especially down at the water and we saw an otter! It was incredible! I didn't have time to take a picture although the camera was in my hand--I just couldn't react fast enough. Plus I think I would have missed out on the experience altogether if I had tried. Richard spotted him first. He was out for a little swim and seemed a little surprised to all of a sudden have this monstrosity come right up next to him. Then he just sort of rolled onto his back and looked up at us and the others on board. It was the coolest thing. I had been wanting to see some wildlife and that pretty much made my day!
Isn't it breathtaking?
Yeah, we're dorks but what can you do?
Comments
Post a Comment