Our First Babysitter

Up until the other day I had never left Olivia with anyone but her dad before. I'm still nursing exclusively so I can't be away from her for more than about 2 hours at a time. Getting a babysitter for that long (or short) always seemed like more trouble than it was worth. And normally that is still the case, but I hadn't been to the temple since right before she was born and I really wanted to go. So we made our game plan and decided if the stars aligned correctly we may just pull it off. We packed everything she could possibly need, I fed her right before we left her with my sister-in-law, and other than refusing to take a nap while we were gone, she did just fine. I did, too. I only thought about her, the whole time ;) 

It was wonderful to attend the temple again and spend the afternoon together just the two of us and we might just make a habit of it!
We even had a little extra time to grab a treat!

Comments