A Threenager in the House

Happiest of Birthdays to our sweet and sassy THREENAGER! May we all survive this year!

  • It was 4:30 on a Sunday afternoon, church just over and no nap for Eloise. She sat on a chair and pouted, "I've had a rough day." It about broke my heart.
  • She is one that likes to bring humor to stressful situations. I think it's one of her best qualities. Lately I been getting after her for joking about poop and pee. She's probably getting closer to potty training (which scares me to death) and she just thinks it's funny. I was hurrying to get her undressed for a bath and just took her diaper off in the kitchen and then I was going to send her upstairs. Then I discovered she had pooped. So I quickly helped clean her up so we wouldn't make a mess all over the house. Without missing a beat she says, 'Knock, knock.' And being a little distracted at the moment I walked right into it. 'Who's there?' I said. And she very demurely says, 'Poop and Pee!' [groan] It was so funny and the timing could not have been better! I laughed right out loud.
  • At the end of  a story she says, 'we end' (the end)
  • She can sing the alphabet and knows most of the letters by sight and her colors
  • I hurt my knee and got a very big, ugly bruise. When she saw it, she got up and ran away and returned with her blanket. She started rubbing my knee with it and said I could use it for my owie. She really believes it has healing powers because it brings her so much comfort. I definitely felt better. Such a sweetie! 
  • A switch was flipped awhile back and our feisty, high-spirited toddler turned into a talkative, helpful and thoughtful little girl. Oh the feisty still comes out often enough but she has really grown and matured the last few months.
  • I came into the girls room because they were fighting. I asked what was going on and Eloise said, "The Spirit is left." At least she was listening during FHE.
  • "Alvin's like, 'this is my kingdom. Don't take it.'"
  • "No mom, you don't know everything. Jesus does."
  • After telling her to eat her peas she turns to Richard and says, "Dad, eat your corn. It's delicious. Yay!"
  • We were explaining that the word trial means something hard to do and she said, "Yeah, when I carried those heavy things, it was hard for me."
  • She calls Richard and I, Packies. We think it might be slang for parents or she thinks we're her groupies or homies or something.
  • Ever the song maker-upper with a long time family favorite, The Waffle Song, she now has a new hit single, The Moon Song. "I love to see the moon and look at it with you. Lay out in the grass..."  
 We never know what to expect from this girl but it's more fun that way and no dull moments, for sure! We love you, Eloise!

Comments