General Conference
General Conference is a special time we have to listen to what our prophet is saying right now, today. And we wouldn't miss it!
Conference BINGO to keep Olivia focused on the speakers. And mini marshmallows to keep Eloise interested.
Life-size portraits were a hit.
It always looks like Michael's and Toys R Us blew up in our living room by the end of the weekend but hopefully they get something out of it. I know I do.
Although it's hard with kids to hear every talk and sometimes even every session, I find the older I get
the easier it is to listen intently to what is being said even with the distractions around me. The Spirit helps me sift through all the words I'm hearing and take just what I need in my life. And no matter how small they are, if I take questions to Conference, they get answered. Every. Single. Time.
Somewhere along the way I gained a testimony of the importance of attending and listening to General Conference and of these men and women of God and the offices they hold. I am eternally grateful to my parents for that testimony. It was through their consistent efforts. Attending the broadcasts at our Stake Center when we lived in New Mexico and couldn't just stay home to watch and making it special with picnics and activities. Then after moving to Utah, helping us bond together with Legos and coloring and wearing jammies all day in the living room.













Comments
Post a Comment