Halloween

I LOVE this time of year. I think I get more into dressing up than the kids do. This year's theme was Peter Pan. It was plan II. I wanted us to all be Disney villains and Alvin was going to be Gimminy Cricket (our conscience). Olivia jumped on board with being Ursula so I started putting costumes together. Then a week later she bailed on the idea, completely and utterly against being Ursula. Ohhh K, so now what? Well we came up with this idea. We told her she could be Wendy or a mermaid, etc. But no, she wanted to be Captain Hook. Say wha?! So she's totally fine being a villain, just not a big creepy sea witch. Good to know. Anyway, by this point it was too late to go the villain route and the Peter Pan costumes came together fairly easily. I never could find a Wendy night gown and my alternative was a lost boy. It was really fun to put together and wear but now thinking about it I don't think anyone knew what I was going for. Oh well. But the kids' costumes sure turned out cute!

 Hook, Pan, and Tink!


I can tell our kids are getting older. we went to about 20 houses that night. A record for us. Alvin got cold and tired and headed home with dad about 2/3 of the way through the evening.




Eloise flew from house to house.



Olivia got to wear her costume to school and was ecstatic! I was proud that while all the other little girls were dressed as princesses and fairies, my girl was a pirate! Arghh!  


Happy Halloween!

Comments