Kindergarten Roundup

I can still remember the moment Richard came home from work and told me that Kindergarten Roundup was right around the corner. I about cried. Even though I know it's coming and I know she's ready, it's taking some getting used to.

There was also a lot more work involved to get ready than I expected. Paperwork. Doctors visits. Preregistration. And then the big Registration form came in the mail.


Kindergarten Roundup fell on Wacky Wednesday so we started the day like this...


 And had to tone it down just a bit.

We signed in and then they had the parents wait while the children were evaluated. It seemed like she was taking awhile and when she got back to me she was all excited. She said, "They had me count as high as I could. I tried to count to a thousand!" Of course she would! 

Next we went to the Library to wait. It gave me time to visit with the other moms. It was fun for me to realize the network of mommy friends I've made since we've moved here and it's nice to know I have people to fall back on if I need to. They had the children follow the kindergarten teachers to their classrooms to do activities and then the parents got some health info.

All in all it was short and sweet and well, I guess I'm going to have a Kindergartener in the fall!
 

Comments