Nursery
I have mixed emotions about my baby/big boy growing up. Part of me forgets that he's 18 months because he's kinda still a mama's boy (and he never has to grow out of that). But he's also pretty attached at the hip and doesn't talk a whole lot yet so there's lots of crying and fussy frustration for all of us. But then I see him do something that only big kids do like make you laugh and mean to do it or go and hug his sister after she got hurt. That's big boy stuff right there. At any rate, it's kind of an awkward transition period for everyone. Baby or big kid? And they start nursery right in the middle of all of it. Some are big about it and others are just babies.
Ready or not, we got Alvin all gussied up and ready for his first day of nursery.
He sure looks good.
Ready to take that next step. . .
Or not! And this look is, what did I do to land me here?
Last week I was doing fine jabbering and throwing cheerios around Relief Society and this week they stuck me in here with a bunch of girls (yep, 6 of 'em)
He cried when we left and was pretty miserable until. . .
Snack Time!
He understands snack time. He likes snack time. If only that were enough.
He did pretty well the next week and we didn't have to stay with him at all. But then we had General Conference and that was enough of a break that now it's like starting over. The way I have to look at it, though, is the time I get to spend with him in nursery is one-on-one time I don't usually get at home. And he'll figure it out. . .eventually.








Comments
Post a Comment