Chicken Broccoli Divan
![]() |
| Recipe from Eat at Home |
This one caught my eye because it's slow cooker friendly. I adjusted the recipe just a tad and have included those changes below.
Chicken Broccoli Divan
1 bag frozen broccoli
2 cups frozen chicken tenders
2 cans cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon juice
about 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Put the chicken in the bottom of a crockpot or casserole dish, if you’re baking it in an oven. Layer the broccoli on top of the chicken. Stir together the soup, mayo and lemon juice. Spread this mixture over the broccoli. Top with the cheese.
- Bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or so. Or cook in a crock pot on low for 4-5 hours.
Note: The original recipe suggested cooking the broccoli and chicken first but that's what the crock pot is for, isn't it? At any rate, I chose to leave everything frozen. I'm so glad, too, because after a couple of hours on low I was already getting worried that the chicken would overcook. It turned out fine, but could have been done in about half the time and I would add a lot more seasoning because it was a little on the bland side. And I highly recommend leaving your ingredients as they are, raw and/or frozen.

Comments
Post a Comment