Slow Cooker Lasagna

This was so good and soooo easy! Dinner time was going to be pretty rushed tonight and I only had a few hours to put something together in the slow cooker. I've been planning to try this recipe out for awhile so I already had all the ingredients and decided to give it a try. Again, it was Eeeasy!

Unfortunately I forgot where this recipe came from so I can't give credit. But I'll try to track it down and post it later.

Ingredients

  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 2 lbs. Italian sausage
  • 24 oz. tomato sauce
  • 2 C. water
  • 1 lb. ricotta cheese
  • 2 T. parsley
  • salt and pepper
  • 12-18 ruffle-edged lasagna noodles
  • 1 1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated
  • 2 oz. Parmesan cheese
  • basil
Directions

  1. Warm oil and cook sausage 10-12 minutes
  2. Add tomato sauce and water and simmer *
  3. In another bowl, mix ricotta cheese, parsley and salt and pepper and set aside
  4. Spread sauce on bottom of slow cooker, place noodles (broken to fit), then ricotta cheese mixture, then sauce, then cheeses, repeat layers.
  5. Cook 4 hours on low
*I added some of our garden zucchini to the sauce as it simmered just before I started assembling the lasagna. I was worried that it might add to much moisture but it turned out just fine and tasted real good.

Comments