The Interview

Last week, as part of the process for becoming a seminary teacher, Richard and I were interviewed by a member of the Quorum of the Seventy! We were a little nervous going in but mostly just excited for this great opportunity.

 Our appointment was at 9:30 am so that made for a very early morning. We dropped Olivia off at our awesome Sis-in-law's and got to the Church Office Building in plenty of time to find our parking spot underground. We went to the wrong building (Church Administration) at first and were directed to follow the yellow path (or yellow brick road--whatever you want to call it) through the parking garage to the other end.
 
  We were issued some temporary ID badges to get through security and were then set to go on up.


 I don't want to go into detail about the interview, but we both feel really good about how it went and enjoyed the overall experience we had. We look forward to seeing what happens next.


We walked around Temple Square when we were done.

 

As we walked, we saw teams of people busily wrapping Christmas lights around the trees. We asked one of the workers when they start the process and she said in August! It made me so excited for Christmas!!


 We concluded our little outing with some shopping at City Creek and an early lunch at the Blue Lemon. We were hoping for a family name discount :)

Fettuccine Alfredo

Chipotle Pineapple BBQ Sandwich

Pear and Gorgonzola Spinach Salad











 Temple Square...on an overcast fall day...with my best friend...oh yeah, it doesn't get much better than that!

Comments

  1. I'm glad it went well. I can't wait to hear about how it all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so sweet together; the meal looked delicious and I hope you get good news back from the interview.

    Richard would make an excellent Seminary Teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment