Cantonese Sweet and Sour

We ate this for dinner tonight and it was de-licious! I will definitely be making it again.

Crockpot Cantonese Sweet and Sour Chicken found here
 
Ingredients
  • 2 lbs. of chicken (I used a pork roast instead and it was sooo juicy and just fell apart!)
  • small onion, sliced
  • red pepper, sliced
  • green pepper, sliced 
  • 20 oz can pineapple
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • 2 Tbs. cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 Tbs. soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
Instructions
  1. Put the chicken, onion and peppers in the crock pot. 
  2. Drain the can of pineapple. Set the pineapple chunks aside for later.
  3. Mix the juice with the rest of the ingredients and pour over the chicken.
  4. Cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for about 4-5 hours.
  5. A bit before serving add the pineapple chunks.
  6. Serve over rice.
We also served the dish with egg rolls that I found at Walmart. They come in a package of 5 for $2.50 and we really like them!

Comments