Leave it to Beaver
We had fully planned on purchasing crib rail covers when Olivia started teething so she wouldn't ruin her crib with teeth marks. We've been so busy, though, and forgot all about it...until one day, when I went in to get her up from her nap and discovered about a dozen gouges, left by our over achiever beaver.
| This one looked like she was trying to spell out, 'Mom' |
A brown Sharpie came to the rescue and filled in the scars.
You can still see them but they're better than before.
The Sharpie took care of the current marks but we knew there would be more. We still hadn't ordered any crib covers so I got on that right away, but it would still take about a week for them to come. So we needed something in the meantime. Richard came up with a brilliant plan of covering the rails with blankets and securing them with safety pins. Why didn't we think of this sooner? It worked wonders, not to mention Olivia got to sleep in a fort!
The covers finally came. I like them. Although, I kind of miss the fort!
So so smart! I wish we would have done this! Nathan literally ruined our crib with teeth marks all around. We did put blankets up but didn't safety pin them so he just tossed them down and continued to bite.
ReplyDeleteNever even knew kids had a problem with this until mine did it...now I see everyone getting crib bumpers! Ah well, different crib for the rest?