Confessions of an Ice Cream-Aholic
*WARNING*
The following images and descriptions may be graphic for viewers unaccustomed to flavor or happiness and could cause UN-controllable longing for dairy products of a sweet nature.
The following images and descriptions may be graphic for viewers unaccustomed to flavor or happiness and could cause UN-controllable longing for dairy products of a sweet nature.
Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am an ice cream-aholic.
I don't know how or when the addiction started. For all I know it was the discovery of my favorite flavor: Farr's Brownies on the Moon with its chocolate goodness, chunks of brownie, and marshmallow swirled through. Or maybe it was the rush as a child of building my very own, as-big-as-you-want soft-serve ice cream cone for a mere $0.25 at Carl & Don's grocery store. Whatever it was, it has taken me awhile to admit and has grown to an unhealthy level where even my friends and loved ones supply me.
Richard became my main dairy-dealer when we met in 2006 and we have shared ice cream encounters ever since.
Ice Cream Timeline
June 8, 2006
Our first date. Richard took me to a park and surprised me with a carton of Cookies 'n' Cream to share. I wasn't sure at the time if it was him or the ice cream that made the date so fun. I later found out that he had asked around and learned about my obsession. He came prepared.August-Decemer 2006
Throughout the ensuing months of our courtship, we sampled ice cream from every parlor and soda joint from North Logan to Providence. Our favorite rendezvous points were Charlie's, Cold Stone Creamery, and Old Farm Apartments, bldg. F-1.
December 9, 2006
The night we became engaged. I should have seen it coming. The re-enactment of our first date should have tipped me off. But by the time we got around to a Gotta Have It ice cream creation at Cold Stone with that special handle-less spoon, I was hooked. I said YES...I will try some of yours!

May 4, 2007
Our wedding day. We served ice cream sundaes at the reception. It was a big hit!
February 14, 2008-2011...2012?
(nudge, nudge, wink, wink)
Valentine's Day tradition as a married couple. Richard buys me Aggie ice cream instead of flowers.
2007-2012
- Date nights must involve ice cream.
- Dippin' Dots at Lagoon...pricey, but good.
- Coming home from Logan Institute class, feeding Richard a shake while he drives {two spoonfuls for me, one for you!}
- Biggest Loser. Bowl. Spoon. No remorse.
Tonight?
LOL
ReplyDeleteMmm.This is making me crave some Brownies on the Moon. SO. GOOD.
ReplyDelete