Happiness In Marriage

I read this quote today and couldn't help thinking of my sweet fella.

“I am satisfied that happiness in marriage is not so much a matter of romance as it is an anxious concern for the comfort and well-being of one’s companion. Any man who will make his wife’s comfort his first concern will stay in love with her throughout their lives and through the eternity yet to come”
 -Gordon B. Hinckley

Beautiful, isn't it? And very true. Richard and I have been happily married nearly five years now and it's all because my wonderful man makes my comfort his first concern and always considers my needs before his own. He treats me like a daughter of God. He told me when we were first married that my Dad was intrusting him to take care of me and more importantly my Heavenly Father was, and he couldn't let either of them down. I am so grateful for my amazing husband and all he does to make me happy. I love you Richard and look forward to our eternity yet to come!



Comments

  1. Sounds familiar! I loved that quote too and I'm glad that Richard does such an outstanding job of following that advice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment